GDPR Privacy Notice
ARC Metalcraft Ltd will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We will only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location based information.
What information might we collect from you?
Information you give us
This is the information about you that you give us by filling out contact forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This information may include name, address, email address and phone number.
Why we need your data
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide you with communications relating to your orders so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you.
These may be sent by email or post or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by phone. These will include updates, notifications about changes to your orders.
We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
What we do with your data
The information we gather is used for the following:
• To manage your account
• To process your orders and to provide you with quotations
• To keep you informed about the progress of any active transactions such as orders or quotes
• To provide you with documents such as delivery notes, invoices and statements
• To notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
• To keep you informed about any active jobs
• For record keeping purposes
This information you provide us is kept so as to be able to process your orders/requests.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
How long we keep your data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
What we would also like to do with your data
Your personal details will never be shared outside of ARC Metalcraft Ltd. for any marketing purposes. We may however use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. We will only provide these companies with the information they require to perform services that we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may be required to disclose your information by law or where a court, the police or other enforcement agency has asked for it.
What are your rights
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated. Please contact us here.
You have the right:
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent);
In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.